Over the break, I read a book that totally changed the way I thought. Its title; THE ALCHEMIST
The book talked about a young chap who tended to his sheep and was going to tell the girl he saw a year before in one of the villages he toured with his sheep, how he felt about her. But he never got the chance because he met with fate (I called it that). A man told him that his destiny did not lie here but his destiny lied far far away on another continent and he needed to take the chance and follow his heart. It was a tough decision for the young man, who had to leave everything and everyone he knew to a life that was uncertain and unknown. He even had to sell his belongings for just a dream. But he decided on the adventure. A tough decision if I must add, but it was not all rosy and many times he just wanted to end the journey and head back to familiar territories. But as I have come to know, no one ever leaves his name on the sands of time by just staying in his or her comfort zone instead by daring to do the impossible, daring to stand out when others are just comfortable standing, daring to sacrifice all just to reach your goal is what makes you different and just like the Nike theme; JUST DO IT… This young man went through it all and achieved the unthinkable.
I have tried to summarize the book without giving anything away. Trust me, it is a wonderful book and one that would make your mind travel and explore the world of the young man. One that would make you urge him to go forward and feel sad for him with all the pitfalls and dangers. I will give the book a FIVE STAR, it is that good and I would be reading it again very soon.
- And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
- One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving.
- We have stopped for a moment to encounter each other, to meet, to love, to share. This is a precious moment. It is a little parenthesis in eternity.
- Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own.
- Every blessing ignored becomes a curse.
- And, when you can’t go back, you have to worry only about the best way of moving forward.
- You will never be able to escape from your heart. So it’s better to listen to what it has to say.
- The simple things are also the most extraordinary things, and only the wise can see them.
- When we love, we always strive to become better than we are. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.
- Don’t give in to your fears. If you do, you won’t be able to talk to your heart.
- If you start by promising what you don’t even have yet, you’ll lose your desire to work towards getting it.
- It’s the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting.
- People are capable, at any time in their lives, of doing what they dream of.
- There is only one way to learn. It’s through action. Everything you need to know you have learned through your journey.
- Remember that wherever your heart is, there you will find your treasure.
- It’s one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it’s another to think that yours is the only path.
- There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.
- No matter what he does, every person on earth plays a central role in the history of the world. And normally he doesn’t know it.
- When each day is the same as the next, it’s because people fail to recognize the good things that happen in their lives every day that the sun rises.
- Because true love never keeps a man from pursuing his destiny.
- Intuition is really a sudden immersion of the soul into the universal current of life.
- At a certain point in our lives, we lose control of what’s happening to us, and our lives become controlled by fate. That’s the world’s greatest lie.
In the end I have one question for you all; are you following your dreams? If you are not, it is never too late to follow your heart, your dreams and do you….